Dr. Kaushik MG, MBBS, DNB
- UG from Salem Government Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College.
- DNB degree (General Medicine) from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- DM Neurology from the most famed Institute of Neurology at Madras Medical College, Chennai.
- Received the prestigious American Academy of Neurology International Scholarship Award for research in 2018 held at Los Angeles, USA.
- Received many awards for the outstanding platform paper presentation and poster presentation at conferences like IANCON and International Neuro Critical Care Conference.
- He has done some innovative research in Decompressive Hemicraniectomy in malignant MCA infarct, Guillian- Barre syndrome and Bells palsy.
- Special training in Botox injection procedure for movement disorders and post stroke status and also in reporting neurological investigations like EEG, EMG and NCS.
- Contributed a chapter on ‘’Reviews on Multiple Sclerosis in India ‘’and also co-authored ‘’Anti-Neural antibodies and is disease association’’.
- Active member of professional organizations including Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN) and American Academy of Neurology (AAN).
- His aim is to give patient centered care and also he provides his patients with up to date information about their illness and the advanced treatment options available.
- His interminable dedication to the patient’s well-being with his excellent diagnostic skills helps him to identify and treat several illnesses at its earliest stage with experience as a clinician.
- Worked in the Department of Neurology at Sri Ramakrishna Hospital,Coimbatore.
- Experience in handling acute neurological emergencies which include stroke, meningoencephalitis, autoimmune encephalitis and epilepsy as well as handling neuro ICU
- Skilled in Neurophysiology testing procedures like Electroencephalograms, Nerve conduction studies and electromyography.
- Worked as an ICU consultant in a reputed private hospital , Chennai for 2 years.
SPECIAL AREA OF INTEREST
- Acute stroke intervention and thrombolysis
- Neurological emergencies
- Movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease and Botulinum toxin therapy
- Epilepsy and EEG
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neuro immunology and Neuromuscular disorders
- Interventional Neurology